No pain. The world is a wonderful whisper for those who can listen, if necessary in silence.

20180321

A proposito, ti perdono

By the Way, I Forgive You - Brandi Carlile (2018)

Come avevo tentato di descrivere nella recensione del precedente The Firewatcher's Daughter del 2015, disco che per me è stato il primo ascoltato di lei, capisco il perché sia una figura quasi osannata, a livello di folk, almeno negli USA. Lo capirete anche voi, ascoltando The Mother, un pezzo basico di country-americana, dove parla della figlia Evangeline, avuta con sua moglie Catherine: si percepisce l'amore. Punto. L'altro esempio dal quale si può partire, per capire la grandezza di questa artista, è il pezzo conclusivo, Party of One, una struggente ballata pianoforte e voce (I loved you the first time I saw you/And you know I love you still/But I am tired/And I am yours). Secondo me, non c'è nient'altro da aggiungere. Quando un musicista fa musica semplice, ma sa scrivere le canzoni, finché ha l'ispirazione, c'è solo da ascoltarlo. Brandi Carlile è al sesto disco, e per il momento, va ascoltata.



As I had tried to describe in the review of the previous The Firewatcher's Daughter of 2015, a record that for me was the first heard of her, I understand why she is an almost mythical figure, at the level of folk, at least in the US. You will also understand it, listening to The Mother, a basic track of country-americana, where she talks about her daughter Evangeline, had with her wife Catherine: love is perceived. Period. The other example from which you can start, to understand the greatness of this artist, is the concluding track, Party of One, a poignant piano and voice ballad (I loved you the first time I saw you / And you know I love you still / But I am tired / And I am yours). In my opinion, there is nothing else to add. When a musician makes simple music, but he know how to write the songs, as long as he has the inspiration, there is only to listen to it. Brandi Carlile is on her sixth album, and for now, she should be listened to.

Nessun commento: